Alternatives to High-Stakes Testing
Frequently Asked Questions about the Consortium
[ Back to list | Next Question ]
Q15: What Does Performance Assessment Look Like?
Performance assessment tasks include work such as:
Literary Essays That Demonstrate Analytic Thinking
Problem-Solving in Mathematics That Demonstrates High Level Conceptual Knowledge
- Why Do They Have to Die: A Comparative Analysis of the Protagonists' Deaths in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Metamorphosis and Of Mice and Men
- What Role Do Black Characters Play in Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury and Flannery O'Connor's Short Stories?
- How Do Puzo's Characters Change from Book to Film in the Godfather Saga?
- Insanity in Literature: Catch-22, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Selected Short Stories
Original Science Experiments That Demonstrate Understanding of the Scientific Method
- Regression Analysis for Determining Effect of Water Quality on Cosmos Suphureus
- Finding the Parabolic Path of a Comet as It Moves Through the Solar System
- Developing a Computer Program to Create the Brain Game
- Determining and Proving Distance Between Two Points Using Trigonometric Formulas
- Isaac Newton's Laws: Discoveries and the Physics and Math Behind a Model Roller Coaster
Research Papers That Demonstrate the Use of Evidence and Argument
- How Does a Garter Snake Detect Its Prey?
- What Combination of Focal Length and Aperture of a Pinhole Camera Will Create the Best Image?
- How Does Water Pollution Affect Micro-Organisms?
- How Does the Shape of an Airfoil Affect the Flight of an Airplane?
- Who Or What Is Responsible for the End of Slavery in the United States?
- What Is the Meaning of the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment?
- Why Did the United States Become Involved in the Conflict of Vietnam?
- Did King Make the Movement or Did the Movement Make King?