Member High Schools
2003 Consortium College Freshman Study
Dear Principals / Directors:
Yes, it's that time of year again.
We need EVERY one of your graduating seniors to fill out the Senior Release Form before the school year ends so that we can continue to conduct our study on how well the Consortium Schools work. (The preliminary results look very promising.) Please follow these instructions for having your students complete the form:
1. Print (or type) the name of your school in the long blank in the main paragraph.
2. Make photocopies of the form for all your graduating seniors.
3. Have each of these seniors fill out the form with their signature, the date, their printed name, their date of birth, their home address, and the name of the college they will be attending this fall.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENTS FILL OUT THESE FORMS IN FRONT OF YOU OR THE FACULTY MEMBER YOU HAVE DESIGNATED TO OVERSEE THE COMPLETION OF THESE FORMS!
4. Have the college counselor at your school sign the bottom of all the forms and enter the studentsí OSIS numbers (for NYC students only).
5. Return all the completed forms to me, Don Freeman or Ann Cook, either by mail or in person or at the next Consortium meeting on June 12th. If you mail them, please keep a set of photocopied forms for yourself, just in case the originals are lost.
6. And please be sure to give us the originals. (You can certainly make photocopies for your own schoolís records, even if you donít mail them.)
Thank you VERY much. This data will be invaluable for demonstrating how well our schools work.
The New York Performance Standards Consortium